At Frenchsoaps we take the responsibility of protecting your data seriously, this policy provides you with details of how we collect and process your information. We will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Our details are:
Full name of legal entity: Salon du Savon Ltd trading as Frenchsoaps
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Frenchsoaps, Unit 33, Claro Court Business Park, Claro Road, Harrogate, HG1 4BA
Telephone number: 01423 803080
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, please let us know so we can resolve it for you. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
It is important that information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Types of information we collect
- Contact information such as name, email address, shipping address, postcode, phone number
- Demographic information such as your date of birth, gender
- Account information such as your username and password (although we are not able to access your password)
- Billing information such as credit card details (we are unable to access this), billing address,
- When you access our services through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and other social media platforms, the information those platforms make available to us such as your name, picture/profile and email address
How we collect information
- We may collect personal data from various sources including:
- Directly from you (maybe at a Gift Fair, an Exhibition or event, a Coffee Morning or any other direct basis)
- Through our website and mobile apps, including ordering our products and services, subscribing to our newsletter, entering competitions, prize draws or promotions and giving us feedback
- Through automated technologies or interactions as you use our website and services. We may automatically collect data about your browsing actions and usage patterns by using cookies and other technologies. We may also receive data about you if you visit other websites that use our cookies or via analytics providers such as Google
- From social media and other public forums
- From third party vendors and business partners such as PayPal, Shopify and other technical, payment and delivery services.
Collecting data via Cookies
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive that records how you move around a website so that if you revisit that website it remembers you and can present tailored options based on your previous visit history. Cookies can be used to analyse web traffic and are used for advertising and marketing purposes.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. If you choose to block or disable receiving cookies some features and functionality of our website and mobile apps may not function properly. For the functioning of our website and services we use a variety of cookies:
- We use Essential cookies to allow you to log into a secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart and make use of e-billing services. Without these cookies the services on our website cannot be provided.
- Analytics cookies - allow us to recognise and count visitors and see how visitors move around our website, this helps us to improve our site.
- Functionality cookies record your visit to our site, the pages and products visited and whether or not a product has been purchased. The information collected is usually anonymised.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you do not provide us with essential data
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
How we use your information
- To set up and maintain any account you have created on our website or mobile app
- Fulfill, manage and send you information about your orders
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, suggestions and feedback
- To allow you to leave reviews or post comments on our website or any other of our social media platforms
- To allow you to recommend our products and company to others
- To operate and improve our website and mobile apps and our products and services
- To analyse all communications for effectiveness
- To provide you with updates to our business, trading terms and other business policies
- To comply with any legal obligations
- To protect against any fraud and to be able to investigate any potential illegal activity such as misuse of our website, hacking etc
- To communicate with you about our products and services (direct marketing) - see below
- To offer promotions, special offers and competitions
- To administer surveys and other market research, to conduct customer research
- To tailor our products and services to you
Direct marketing and communication
You can opt to share your information for direct marketing purposes on our websites. You can do this when creating an account, guest and account checkout and by subscribing for our newsletter. This is your choice and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Marketing by us (Frenchsoaps)
We want to bring you news of our latest products, our back in stock products and any special offers or events that we may be running. This will usually be in the form of email newsletters and product information/marketing. At the moment we do all our of email marketing ourselves, we may however appoint a third party to carry out this activity in the future.
How we share your information
In order to provide our goods and services we may have to share your information with the following partners and providers:
- Our web store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Other ways in which your data may be shared:
- Customer service and support providers
- Shipping and fulfillment service providers
- Payment processing providers
- Partners with whom we jointly develop products or services
- Survey and market research providers
- Advertising partners
- Analytics providers - We currently use Google Analytics
- Technology providers, including ecommerce providers, email and web hosting providers, mobile apps and technology support providers
- HMRC, regulators and other authorities based in the UK who require processing activities in certain circumstances
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or our assets
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How long we keep your information
We keep your information for as long as necessary for us to be able to fulfill the purposes described in this policy. When you place an order with us we retain your personal data you give us for at least seven years, so we can comply with own legal and contractual obligations.
All online purchases take place in a safe environment using the latest security technology to protect our customers. Credit card information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption to ensure your transactions with us are private and protected as they travel over the Internet. We do not store Credit Card/Payment details.
More about Payment processing:
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Shopify (the shopping cart that we use) is part of the EU-US Privacy Shield and as such is governed by the same regulations as GDPR
- To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
If you are not convinced about the safety of shopping online, please call us and we will happily take orders over the phone.
International data transfers
- We may transfer personal data from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries that the European Commission has deemed to adequately safeguard personal information, in which case no additional safeguards are required in order to transfer this information. If we transfer your personal data to other countries, we will seek to rely on appropriate safeguards such as standard contractual clauses, EU-US Privacy Shield, or with your consent to the transfer, unless we are permitted by law to transfer personal data without such formalities.
- You may contact us for a copy of the specific safeguards applied to the export of your personal data.
Under certain circumstances you have rights under the data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request to delete your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
- You can see more about these rights at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information/
- If you wish to exercise any of these rights please email us at email@example.com Please note that:
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights)
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
- We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month.
- Occasionally, it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of request. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Last updated: June 3, 2023
The Salon du Savon Ltd mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by Salon du Savon Ltd (“Salon du Savon Ltd”, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to Salon du Savon Ltd’s SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of Salon du Savon Ltd through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with Salon du Savon Ltd. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to FrenchSoaps or click the unsubscribe link (where available) in any text message to cancel. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other Salon du Savon Ltd mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms.
For Service support or assistance, text HELP to FrenchSoaps or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
We respect your right to privacy. To see how we collect and use your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.