Aleppo soap is one of the oldest and most natural soaps in the world. It dates back to the 8th Century and genuine Aleppo Soap can only be made in Syria.
It’s loved for its nourishing & healing properties and is frequently recommended for people with sensitive skin.
Made in a similar way to the renowned Savon de Marseille in France, Aleppo soap contains just 4 ingredients.
Olive Oil, Soda and Water are saponified in an underground vat in a boiling process that takes several days. Laurel Oil (Bay) is then added and the soap is left to set. At this point it is bright green. After a week or two the blocks are cut and left to dry age for a minimum of 7 months. During this drying process the outsides of the cubes turn golden brown, while the insides stay green although the colour can vary depending upon the age and weather, from deep to olive green. It is a living product so will change in colour and texture as it dries, however the older it is the longer it lasts! It’s also naturally antiseptic and antibacterial.
In summary, Aleppo soap is one of the most natural soaps you can find, versatile it can be used on the face, body and hair, teeth and for shaving. It can be beneficial to those with dermatitis* and also those with oily skin.
- Cleanses and purifies without stripping the skin’s natural essential oils, leaving your hair in great condition.
- Olive oil hydrates, moisturises and nourishes dry, flaky skin.
- Laurel (Bay) Oil can help manage skin problems like eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and acne.
- The combined properties of Olive oil and Laurel oil can help calm redness, irritation and inflammation.
- It is naturally Antiseptic, Antibacterial and antifungal.
- Dermatologists often recommend that this soap benefits the most sensitive or baby skin
- A really popular shaving soap for men as it calms sooth's and helps manage acne and dryness at the same time.